Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Soccer, er, football?

The one and only Doug and me
Last Monday night (right after Vienne; yes I know, I'm super behind on these posts) a few of us went out to watch the France vs Brazil soccer game, er, football match. One girl in our program is actually Brazilian, but lives in the US, and she met some other Brazilians at school here in Grenoble, so we met up with them at a sports bar to watch the game.
 
Me and Hannah
 So soccer, er, non-american football, is probably one of my least favorite sports to watch, because noting ever happens! AHHHHHH HE ALMOST SCORED AGAIN. Yeah, I'm not really a fan of that kind of sport, I like to see people actually succeed when playing sports. However, watching the game in a French bar with French guys and Brazilian guys all going crazy was absolutely entertaining. Brazil ended up winning 3-0, so we heard a lot of the Brazilian victory song, and a lot of silence/angry shouts from the French. We had a lot of fun learning some Portugese phrases and words, as well as just talking with everyone.
 I think that's one of my favorite things about being here, and going to the university, is that I get to interact with people from so many different parts of the world, and so many different cultures, on a daily basis. And it was fun to see firsthand just how much soccer, er, football, means to the rest of the world - its definitely their Aggie football. It was a really fun night, pretending to like soccer, having a drink with friends, and meeting new people (none of whom I managed to take a photo with somehow).

No comments:

Post a Comment